Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Letter to my students on the last week of school



Dear AdVENTURER's,

Ther end of the school year is always bittersweet for me. I am not going to lie and say that I am not looking forward to summer, but the reality is that I will face many moments thinking of you. I want you to know that I truly feel privileged that you allowed me to guide you and share the best (and yes, sometimes the worst) of me with you. Each and every one of you is the reason why I love what I do. Thank you for sharing your ideas, comments and personalities with me. Thank you for inspiring me to be not only a better teacher, but also a better person every day. Thank you for allowing me to grow as I watched you grow.

As you move on to whatever is next for you, know that I pushed you because I believe in you. Yes, at times it was hard and it would have been easier to just let it go, but how could I? You are capable. You are bright. You are unique and special to me. Each of the talents, skills and abilities you allowed to flourish will come in handy. You will take over the world some day, and when that day comes know that I will be in the background cheering you on.

Know that "once my student, always my student". I can and will always be willing to help. Even if you are graduating (congratulations by the way!), do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need to. You have a special place in my heart, and though you may be gone from my classroom you will always be a true AdVENTUREr.

Always,
Mrs. Garcia